Monday, June 6, 2016

Hideo Kojima DROPS new Lead Character art, Internet Shits self.. here's probably why!!


I actually think you are REALLY over thinking this one, folks... 

Any Kojima fan ready for my fucking stupidly long blog about ONE god damned promotional Photo released today by Kojima Productions? Well I noticed other fans had SHIT TON to say but nobody mentioned anything I'm about to drop all over the face, neck and chest of your Kojima San random, son, kid, dad, mom, dude chick, trans ( enterALL OTHER gender trigger words here since I'm just a stupid dumb 30 year old man with college knowledge just without the paper to prove it. Thanks, Obama.)



Anyway, let's take a look at this photo and then I'll take a DEEP dive into the sweaty pool that is and forever will be known as "Metal Gear Fan boys" OR best known as "Guy who didn't give a shit about quiet being NEARLY nude and gave MORE of a shit about the story of MGSV being NUDE. To any NON film/story driven gaming folks, NUDE is a new term I just made to to explain a shit film with NO LAYERS.. see where I'm going? Anyways, I digress, here's the new picture.. and give ME a chance to add my own two cents on what's possibly going on here.




I believe "I'll Keep Coming" is very simple. I believe it's a very simple message from him to US. Meaning exactly what it says. Nobody will stop Kojima San and oust him and shame him EVER again. Sony has given him a new home, power over creative control and hiring an incredible inner circle of some of the best designers and lighting programmers we might ever see under one roof. Also has control over his intellectual property and a blank check!!!!!!!!!!!! ( something almost no game designer/writer gets besides the fucking Naughty Dog writers but none of those names will ever show up on the cover art for the game they helped create.. and will be included in the 25 minute long credits some-wheres.. I digress however because THIS IS GREAT news for ALL gamers not just the fans like us. This new game of his will bring in new fans from all over without the MGS stigma hovering over it for a completely new generation of PS4 and soon to be NEO owners. Whatever that turns out being by the time it's out and this comment gets read in the future. I'm no stunning storyteller but read below for the sweaty details on why I think this means what it does.. and what we MAY be in for..



CLEARLY ( not intended to sound condescending I'm such a passionate MGS, ZOE, Night Trap fan ) if you have been following Kojima as long as I, some of his Interviews/Game Trailers/marketing and now social media just has him gushing at the seems to mess with us but also be truthful ( especially MGS 2/4/5 sorry Snake Eater had not a single flaw and had the GREATEST triple plot twist to end a game in history JUST IMHO ) He always acknowledges the fans and reminds them in strange easter eggs that he still loves US and what he does.. so think of it as another sign of SUBTLETY and the genius tactician that Kojima San is, and probably always will be.



Here's another theory nobody brought up since this IS MGS.. What if the quote is actually from this character "Luden or Leiden's" is the VILLAIN... WHO WON'T STOP UNTIL the UNKNOWN protagonist he will spring on us appears OR what if this character ( if it's a character we control ) is actually a villain and the entire game if from the "Bad Guy" point of view? ( also this still image looks like they made a few changes to the Fox Engine or whatever Konami let him keep of it because as a still 3D Character frame, the "uncanny valley" is almost disappearing ( google it, its a great thing to learn about ).



MGSV SPOILERS BELOW*****

___________________________


Keep in mind that for MGSV "Men become Demons" was about Konami and was featured in an ad for the game. The game that almost destroyed his career because of the forced release of Ground Zeroes ( which is actually my secondALLtimeGS game because if you really dig into that base, everything is positioned PERFECTLY for a nice sandbox espionage game where you ACTUALLY get to play as Big Boss... THE REAL REASON WE WANTED MGSV..

"heheh,oh Ground Zeroes"

"I TOTALLY agree with this Bad MotherFucker right here tho.."


To find out later that the game was rushed onto shelves with an "I OWE U a Missing Chapter" REALLY could've ended his career but luckily the game play was so amazing we didn't even notice.... Until we are betrayed at the plot twist ending which I hated at first.. and after over MONTHS debating about it with friends and myself, I realized the fact that he made US the hero in that game was fantastic.. Not the first time for a twist ending but c'mon, think about it.. WE took over the bases, did the footwork necessary to eventually help out our favorite Character ever in the series IMO, BIG BOSS. Plus it tied together the MSX game making sure you KNOW that as Solid Snake on your very first mission, the real big boss instructs you to take down Venom Snake, The guy you ran a muck with building an offshore army with a WEIRD cult following at his bidding by the end. I've now casually hit over 250 HRS of game-play just because I love the stealth and possible entry points for EVERY level. Genius way to make an open world stealth game.. just sad to see Konami stomp on his initial vision, thus ruining the final product he intended us to have. Therefore, "I'll keep Coming" is him reassuring us, that no corporate roadblocks won't ever stop him...

_________________________




MGSV SPOILERS DONE*****


Kojima will on for his fans and deliver us his first new IP in years under his own creative control. We all win here either way no matter what the quote ACTUALLY means but I think in this context is very simple and clear as day to me. But after all.. This is Kojima San..



If anyone else feels this way or wants to argue one of my many points here, let's do this.. You can find me below.. Let's have a discussion about a franchise we grew up with and care so much about! Let's also see where Kojima San takes us in the future!




La Lu Lu Le Lo,




No comments:

Post a Comment